Thursday 26 November 2009

No Pane....No Gain!

I've just returned from a trip to Penzance to get the van windows fitted.



I'm over the moon with the results. Thanks to all the guys at Vansport. They did a great job and also helped cut one of the ply panels to go around the new glass.

In the end I went for the Barn Doors and both sides in fixed privacy glass. I also got some Clim-air wind deflectors for the cab windows. Should help the ventilation of the van when its parked up.

One thing I liked was that Vansport fit a trim to the rear of both side windows. This looks especially good on the drivers side where the 'raw' glass edge can look a bit 'non-factory'.


Next I'll be hitting Wickes for the insulation materials ready for next week.

R

1 comment:

  1. Hi...

    Nice van...watching your progress with interest. I've got a T5 that was converted a little cheaply buy the guy who owned it before me. One thing its missing is the trim to fit inside the windows to cover up the raw metal. Did Vansport provide this? Do you think if I contacted them they might be able to sell be some?

    Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete