Thursday 19 November 2009

Jobs for this Month

This month is going to be a busy (read - expensive!) month with lots happening to the van.

First, I'll be driving down to Vansport in Penzance to get my windows fitted. I'm going for limo-tint glass in the rear barn doors and fixed windows (limo - tint) in the sliding door and opposite.
I was quoted £650 for this fully fitted. Cutting holes in my van is definitely something I'll leave to the experts! I'll also pick up some Clim-air wind deflectors when I'm down there to allow for some rain-proof ventilation when I'm camping/driving. I would have liked a sliding window on the door but I cannot justify the cost, its £69 for a fixed one, £225 for a slider (parts only)!!!!!

Before I get the windows done I'll be cutting a section out of the ply lining on the drivers side to allow for the window. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep the ply in 1 'L-shaped' piece to make it easy to re-attach.

Next I'll be visiting my parents in North Wales. My Dad (dab hand at all things practical!) and I will be insulating the van, then Carpet lining the ply and metal work. I cannot wait for this to be done as It'll start to feel like a plush camper rather than a work van. I've read lots on other peoples blogs about insulation (Stone174, Blakey) and I'm pretty happy with this step, its carpet lining the metal that's giving me nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment