Thursday 19 November 2009

Handle Dangle

Another small fault appeared with the van....

sometimes the passenger door handle (outside), wouldn't click back into place properly. The door would shut but the handle would be left sticking out. This would trigger the dashboard warning that the door wasn't closed.

I still had 2 months left on the van warranty so drove up to Essex to get the handle sorted. The dealer said there was too much slack on the cable and the mechanism was catching on a small bit if 'thicker' paint on the inside of the door. About an hour later he had it working again so all seemed good.

On a surf trip to Wales the next week I was closing up the van (already in my wetsuit etc) when I opened the passenger door and the handle got stuck out again! The bad thing was that this time, it'd come out further than before and I couldn't get it back in. My friend Dan managed it with a well aimed smack (he couldn't wait to get in the sea any longer!). I managed a really god surf session even though I was angry about the handle issue not being solved.

I had no choice (only 1 month left on warranty) but to visit the dealer again and get it sorted. This time, one of their main mechanics worked on the door and it took him 2-3 hours but it seems to be fixed now.

Fingers crossed....

No comments:

Post a Comment