Wednesday 20 October 2010

Long overdue update

Well.....after a few months doing othe things (getting married) it's time to pick up on the van conversion.

I finally got all the units in and attached to the van. The units are screwed to the wall battons with right angle brackets, bolted together and also screwed into the floor. The last thing I want is for the units to get loose when driving.




You can see here the units/ sink/Worktop in place.

Next I needed to seal the 3 holes I drilled through the floor to prevent rust. First I painted a layer of hammerite then fitted the gas dropout vents (rainbow conversions via eBay) into the holes with a liberal coating of exterior/interior sealant.
Once this was done, the remaining hole (16a underfloor socket to onboard consumer unit) was lined with 2 layers of cable conduit (vehicle wiring products) and the socket was attached.




More tomorrow




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Rob,
    Very handy blog - been amazing helpful as I am doing the same thing myself. Some inspired ideas and I got a Canon Forge bed too based on your blog.
    Just off to B & Q for some of that alu bubble stuff.
    Very helpful - thanks for all of this.
    Simon

    ReplyDelete